Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wounded by Jasinda Wilder (A Review)

War has taken everything from me. My family. My home. My innocence. In a country blasted by war and wracked by economic hardship, a young orphan girl like me has very few options when it comes to survival. Thus, I do what I must to live, to eat, and I try very hard to not consider the cost to my soul. My heart is empty, and my existence brutal.
The one impossibility in my life is love.
And then I meet HIM.
War is hell. It takes a chunk out of a man's very soul to do the kinds of things war demands of you. You live with fear, you live with guilt, and you live with nightmares. If you haven't been through it, there's no understanding it. War leaves no room for love, no room for tenderness or softness. You gotta be hard, closed off, and ready to fight every moment of every day. Lose focus for a split second, and you're dead.

Now the only thing that can save me is HER.

========================

Where do I start? This book changed me, it really did, I was thrown into a world that I will shamelessly admit, I hardly ever think about, I have no family members in the military, no friends in the military, it is not part of my life on a personal level.
THIS.......BOOK.....CHANGED......ME.

Ok first, Hunter is a beautiful broken man but not unfixable, so sad the way his life fell before him, and even when he found Rania he had to fight and claw and literally KILL to keep her, to love her, to have her. 
This book gripped me by the heart and did not let go.
Rania, my goodness, this poor girl is a fighter, and sadly, I know there are REAL girls just like her in these world torn countries, but sadly, they do not have a Hunter, I wish they could all get a Hunter. :( 

Whatever you are reading right now, put it down and READ THIS BOOK....read it now.
Yes, there were many sad parts but the love that comes out of it and blossoms is so worth any tear you will shed, he fights for her like an animal and I loved every second of it. EVERY SECOND!

The angst in this book was not the usual angst that is in many of the love stories recently written, there are no stupid misunderstandings and lengthy breakups, they hold old onto each other and NEVER LET GO. I could go on and on but honestly I am just taking up your reading time, time you should be devoting to THIS BOOK!

Some of my favorite quotes:
“I don’t know what to say to her. I’m in battle mode. Shut down. Hard. I’m not Hunter anymore. I’m Lance Corporal Lee, USMC. Semper fi, bitches.“ 

“I love you, Hunter. Please do not stop. Not ever.”
“I won’t, I promise. Never. I’ll love you forever. I’ll make love to you until there’s no me and no you, only us together like this forever.” 

"You are so beautiful. Do you know that?"
"I know that men think - "
"Man. One man. Me. I'm all that matters. No one else can have you. You're mine."

"I will always love you. You saved me, Rania."
"No, you saved me."
"We saved each other, then,"

"What is the word for this kind of underwear? Boxings? Something like that? I cannot think of it."
"Boxings? Oh, god, Rania. That's funny. Boxers. They're called boxers, sweetheart."



No comments:

Post a Comment