Monday, August 26, 2013

Gwynneth Ever After by Linda Poitevin

**ARC received from author via NetGalley for a honest review**

Gwyn Jacobs doesn’t believe in fairy tales. Ever since her ex-husband walked out, leaving her alone with three small children, Gwyn has been mother, father, and bread-winner all rolled into one. Her own scarred heart aside, she refuses to open up her children’s lives to the possibility of another heartbreak, and so she has an unbending policy of no dating and no unattached men in their lives.
                                                                        Until her very own fairy tale falls into her lap...and the hero won’t take no for an answer.
----------------------------------------

Gwyn is a 35 year old single mother of 3 who's husband ran out on them 
Gareth is 41 years old and a Hollywood star with a secret.


I really liked this book, it was an easy read, not too much angst, but enough to keep it interesting. 
Any issues they had were quickly sorted out and not "too quickly" as to not feel believable.
I thought all of Gwyn's issues were ones I would have myself if put in her situation so I felt she was a believable charachter. 
I loved trying to put myself in her shoes, all I could think of was picturing Brad Pitt cleaning muck out of my tub, it made me giggle more than once. This book made me smile on more than one occasion, it was very sweet. Her kids were cute, fun, funny and did not annoy me, which I have to say happens often to me in books, but Ms. Poitevins writing is so good that she can even write a believable child. Loved it! 
I loved that she didn't just instantly fall to his feel because he was a gorgeous movie star, she thought of her kids, she thought of her sanity first.
He was at a point in his life that he wanted something REAL, he loved how real Gwyn was and fell head over heels for her.
This book is absolutely a great rainy day or a sitting on the beach book.

Some Great Quotes:
He glanced up at her arrival, his eyes warmed as they met hers. "I'll be with you in a minute," he said. "I have some unfinished business here."
Gareth frowned at her. "Are you always this stubborn about accepting help?" "No, but--" "Then go away and stop bothering me."
"And what does your mum say about me?" he asked the three traitors in front of the television set. She closed her eyes, sure that even her toes were blushing now, and wishing reverently to be transported far away... "She says your a God," Katie replied. "And she growls." ...very far away... Gareth doubled over in silent, helpless laughter.






No comments:

Post a Comment